Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thirsty Thursday - Green Tea style!


It's Thursday...and I'm thirsty!


I love smoothies.  So much so, that we splurged and bought a NICE Vitamix blender/food processor/dream machine.  I try to use it every morning - it's so quick to whip something up and then an easy cleaning process...and I'm out the door to work!

This morning, I created my own recipe using some Green Tea powder I received along with some various ingredients I found around the kitchen.


I figured the easiest thing was to add this powder to a smoothie for breakfast - maybe I'll bake with it over the weekend.  But, here's what I whipped together for my green smoothie this morning, which was DELISH!

Green Tea Protein Shake
  • 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1 scoop/packet Vega French Vanilla protein mix (I am all out of my Juice Plus+ complete...for now!)
  • 1 tsp. Organic Matcha Green Tea powder
  • 2 large handfuls of greens (spinach, kale, anything from our farm share that week)
I threw all of that in the Vitamix, blended it for 30 seconds, and viola!  You have a delicious, filling, healthy smoothie!



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment